Parkwood Church did an outstanding job of hosting the Annual Fall Meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 25. The Parkwood Worship Team led a meaningful time of worship. Reports and business included:
· The Proposed 2018-19 Budget was introduced by Dr. Walt Cooper, Finance Sub-Team Leader. He reported that church contributions have continued to increase, allowing all ministry funding requests to be filled in the budget resulting in a 12% increase.
· The Community Ministries Team, recommended that we partner with the Atlantic Association which includes Havelock, New Bern, Morehead City, and Harkers Island.
· Rev. Patrick Fuller, representative from the Baptist Children’s Homes, reported that 40 churches from the North Roanoke Association had contacted him regarding ways that they could assist the Kennedy Home after recent flooding due to Hurricane Florence.
· The Enlistment Team nominated additional Ministry Team members which were approved including members of the new North Roanoke Baptist on Mission Ministry.
· Rev. Matthew Bowden highlighted the Outreach Trailer Ministry and showed it to messengers following the meeting.
Rev. Dennis Cherry, DOM of the Allegheny Association in Summersville, W VA shared mission trip opportunities. A vision trip will be planned in early 2019 to learn about mission trip and partnership opportunities. Several NRBA churches are interested in mission trips to W VA next year.